If you have a dog, you know how important it is to ensure that your dog gets all its vaccinations and also regularly visits the vet for a checkup. In addition, you should ensure that you give your dog a balanced and healthy diet and take it out for getting ample exercise. If you follow this routine, you can be sure that your dog will hardly get ill.
However, even with all the care, there is bound to be some occasion when you dog falls ill. In such circumstances, you should immediately take your dog to a vet. However, between your dog falling ill and going to the vet, there some things you can do in case you know what is wrong with your pet. Also, if you know the signs and symptoms of dog diseases, then you can decide when your dog needs a vet and when it does not.
So, here are some signs and symptoms of dog diseases that often afflict them:
- In case your dog is suffering from bad breath, it means that the dog has a periodontal disease.
- If the gums are bleeding, then also it is a sign of periodontal disease.
- In case the dog is passing bloody feces, it could mean worms, a blockage in the intestine or an anal fissure that is usually caused due to constipation.
- If you notice blood in the urine, it means that your dog has a urinary tract infection, kidney disease or some injury internally.
- Ear discharge that is brown in color is a sign of either ear infection or having an infestation of ear mites.
- Constipation has something to do with changing the diet or suffering from blocked intestines.
- Lumps could be a sign of tumors, cysts or ulceration.
- If your dog has a cough, it could be due to heartworm, pneumonia or heart disease.
- Diarrhea in dogs is caused due to changes in the diet, stress, Parvo virus or Corona virus.
- If your dog is suffering from hair loss, it could be brought on by a skin allergy, ticks, fleas or other parasite.
- If your dog is not passing urine frequently, it could due to a kidney disease or kidney stone.
- Having an odor in the ears is a sign of ear infection.
- If your dog is not drinking sufficient amounts of water, it could be due to diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease or Cushing's syndrome.
More Articles :
- Are Apples Bad For Dogs ?
- Congestive Heart Failure In Dogs
- How Can I Tell If My Dog Had A Stroke ?
- How Do I Know When My Dog Is Ready To Give Birth ?
- Incredible Dog Stories Saving Human Lives
- Is It Ok For Dogs To Eat Grass ?
- List Of Breeds Of Dogs
- How To Tape Bullmastiff Puppy Ears ?
- Signs And Symptoms Of Dog Diseases
- Anxiety Disorder Symptoms In Canines
- Canine And Down Syndrome
- Symptoms Of A Dying Dog
- What Is The Largest Breed Of Dog Known To Man ?
- Which Dog Breed Has The Strongest Jaw