Yorkshire terriers are those canines which have a coat which is soft, silky and long. This can be styled in many ways which make them appear more attractive. In order to maintain the coat, one should indulge in regular grooming. For some who do not intend to make their pets participate in shows, trimming the coat in order to facilitate easy maintenance is preferred.
But some owners have the interest and experiment different cuts. One can choose to leave the hair uncut during winters when the temperature is low and go in for trimming during summers. This implies that the weather conditions also play a part in deciding the type of cut for the pet.
Some of the types of hair cuts available and popular among the terriers are:
- Schnauzer cut: Here, patches of the coat which are black are cut while those areas with the tan are left uncut on the legs and face. The hair on the legs and the face are trimmed to the length as is comfortable.
- Modified Schnauzer cut: The part of the coat which forms the saddle can be made short or the middle strip on the back can be shaved. One can try variations with the hair on the face and the tail too.
- Westie cut: Trim the hair of the body for a coat few inches long or shave it fully.
- Puppy cut: Here the entire coat on the body is trimmed.
- Chinesee crested cut: This is similar to the schnauzer cut with variations like leaving the hair of the tail uncut.
More Articles :