Langur monkeys are also known as the ‘leaf monkeys’ in light of the fact that they feed mainly on leaves. They are also known for eating fruits, grass, and flowers. Whenever they live in different kinds of environment, they eat any of these things and manage to survive. They are characterized by their large stomach as well as intestines which gives them a potbellied appearance.
There are several interesting and knowledgeable facts about these Langur monkeys which are listed below:
- Langur monkeys have slender body including a very long tail.
- Their coat may either be red, silver, brown, golden, gray or black. This is the reason that they can blend in with the surroundings that they are living in.
- An adult Langur monkey would weigh between 11 and 40 pounds.
- These monkeys measure about 17 to 31 inches in length and their tails are normally between 21 and 42 inches in length.
- Male Langurs are usually larger as compared to the females.
- Langur monkeys generally live in humid swamp forests to the cold mountains.
- They live in troops that consist of about 10 to 40 individuals.
- Langur monkeys are capable of jumping over rivers. They have the ability of jumping about 10 meters. They do so in order to travel as they cannot swim.
- Langur monkeys were amongst the very first animals whose portraits got painted on rocks and caves in previous times.
- Humankind has always tried and has been interested enough in knowing as much as possible about this species of animals.
More Articles :