|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Pneumonia causes inflammation to the lungs because of the infection. The 3 causes of pneumonia are virus, bacteria and fungi. Pneumonia can also be caused by inhaling chemical or liquid. People who are more than 65 years and children less than two years of age are at the greatest risk when it comes to pneumonia.
Pneumonia causes fever and cough. Pneumonia can be determined by a physical examination and checking the history of the patient. Blood test and X-rays of the chest can determine the condition of the patient. Doctors will treat according to the condition. If it is bacterial pneumonia, doctors will prescribe antibiotics. Antibiotics will not work for viral pneumonia, and in such a case the patient should take adequate rest and lots of fluids.
In case of pneumonia in the elderly, prevention is better than cure. Wash your hands often, do not smoke, and use a mask when cleaning dusty places. Vaccination is available for the pneumococcal pneumonia, which is a bacterial infection.
Pneumonia causes respiratory infection and the symptoms in the elderly differ from those present in younger people.
The symptoms seen in the elderly are cough, which will not be that severe. This is one of the main reasons why the elderly do not seek medical attention. They believe that it is normal cough and will go away on its own. Pneumonia makes the elderly weak, and fatigue increases. It is recommended that if the weakness or malaise is present for more than 24 hours, the elderly should immediately seek medical attention.
Besides the above symptoms, disorientation and confusion are also present. Loss of appetite can be commonly seen in elderly pneumonia patients, and they lack interest in eating or consuming food. Although the symptoms of pneumonia in the elderly show up gradually, they should be handled and treated.
More Articles :
- Can You Die From Walking Pneumonia ?
- Difference Between Pneumonia And Bronchitis
- Elderly And Pneumonia
- How Is Pneumonia Spread ?
- How Is Pneumonia Transmitted ?
- How Long Does It Take To Cure Pneumonia ?
- How Long Does Pneumonia Last ?
- How Long Is Pneumonia Contagious ?
- How Often Do You Need A Pneumonia Vaccine ?
- What Are The Signs Symptoms Treatment And Medications Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- What Are The Symptoms Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- When Is Pneumonia No Longer Contagious ?
- Who Discovered Pneumonia ?