|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Pneumonia makes the lungs of the person inflamed, and it can be viral or bacterial in nature. In few cases, fungi and parasites can also cause pneumonia. One or both the lungs can get infected due to pneumonia. Pneumonia should be diagnosed soon, and should be treated.
The symptoms should be examined to diagnose pneumonia. The common symptoms are chest pain with constant coughing. This is accompanied with fever above 100 degrees in adults and kids. Difficulty in breathing can also occur if it becomes severe. The other symptoms of pneumonia include fatigue, chills, coughing with blood and headache.
Examination of lungs and listening to the lungs of the patient is done by the doctor. The fluid in the lungs will be heard by the doctor. Doctor cannot hear the fluid if the person has pneumonia. The doctor then may ask for a chest X-ray to confirm the diagnosis.
Pneumonia is a contagious disease. A person who has pneumonia can spread it by coughing or sneezing by releasing the fluid in air. This fluid, which mixes with the air, has the bacterium that causes pneumonia. A healthy person who breathes these airborne droplets can contract pneumonia. If the patient is not treated, pneumonia can become a life threatening disease.
The pneumonia which is caused due to bacteria can be cured with antibiotics. The medication prescribed will act effectively. According to the severity, the patient is prescribed with antibiotics for weeks. Adequate rest and lots of fluids helps a person recover from pneumonia. If the condition of the patient does not improve, he or she needs to be hospitalized and should be treated with oxygen and strong antibiotics.
More Articles :
- Can You Die From Walking Pneumonia ?
- Difference Between Pneumonia And Bronchitis
- Elderly And Pneumonia
- How Is Pneumonia Spread ?
- How Is Pneumonia Transmitted ?
- How Long Does It Take To Cure Pneumonia ?
- How Long Does Pneumonia Last ?
- How Long Is Pneumonia Contagious ?
- How Often Do You Need A Pneumonia Vaccine ?
- What Are The Signs Symptoms Treatment And Medications Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- What Are The Symptoms Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- When Is Pneumonia No Longer Contagious ?
- Who Discovered Pneumonia ?