The performance of a number of biological processes in our body depends upon our vitamin intake. The body gets its share of vitamins from the food we consume and also from various vitamin supplements. The two categories under which vitamins are classified are water-soluble and fat-soluble. Water-soluble vitamins usually get absorbed easily and quickly and the remaining unabsorbed quantities are excreted out through urine. Fat-soluble vitamins o the other hand get stored in the body as bile acids. More...
- Lower Cholesterol Could Reduce Risk Of Alzheimer Disease And Dementia
- Preventing Cognitive Impairment
- Religion Might Add Years To Your Life
How Much Exercise Do You Need ?
As per the American Heart Association regular physical exercise is the key to healthy living and can reduce the chances of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. How much exercise is right for you is dependent on your present health condition and the long term goals you have set for your health. However, the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans suggest a minimum of 2 to 3 physical activities every week. You can consult a physician to best understand how much exercise is required for you as per your health. More...
- Stem Cells And Anti aging
- The Mediterraen Diet And Living Longer
- Theories And Effects Of Aging
- Top Ways To Exercise In Your Office
How To Add 14 More Years To Your Life ?
Everyone wants to live longer. There is no doubt about it. But are we ready to do things that will help extend our life expectancy in a healthy manner? Perhaps, most people would jump at an opportunity to add 14 additional years to their lives. As a per a recent study, if a person does regular exercise, eats adequate amounts of veggies and fruits, give up smoking and does not consume excessive alcohol, they can add 14 more years their lives. More...
- Tv Shortens Your Life
- Vitamin D Deficiency And Aging
- Vitamin E And Longevity
- Ways Men Can Improve Health And Longevity
How To Improve Your Mental Fitness ?
Thanks to the type of lifestyle most people lead, even mental health along with physical health is being adversely affected. In the US alone, nearly 20 percent of seniors aged more than 85 years have some kind of dementia. While many people actually put it down to genetics, there are some external factors that can also result in dementia. Since these external factors can be controlled, there are steps people can take to improve mental fitness. More...
- Best Foods For Fiber
- Best Type Of Mattress For A Bad Back
- Can Stem Cell Research Make You Live Longer ?
- Foods To Protect Your Joints
- How To Improve Your Immune System ?
- Is Your Cholesterol Harming Your Heart ?
- Meals Your Heart Will Love
- Osteoporosis And Your Fracture Risk
- Self Care To Reduce Pain
- Surprising Benefits Of Red Wine
- The Star Secret To Wrinkle free Eyes
- Top Health Discovery Of The Year 2011
- Ways To Protect Yourself From Computer Eyestrain
How To Live Longer For Women ?
In almost all countries across the world, women tend to outlive men. Based on the census data of 2010, even the US is no different. There are many factors that actually allow women to live longer than men; the most important being estrogen that is produced by the body during the childbearing years. Estrogen offers protection to women from heart disease. However, this does not mean that women are immortal. There are some women who do die due to health-related problems, such as cancer and heart disease. But they can take measures to live longer. More...
- Add Years To Your Life With Wine
- Benefits Of Fish Oil And Seafood
- Can Supplements Help You Live Longer ?
- Cryogenics Fact Or Fiction
- Factors That Predict Positive Aging
- Free Radical Theory Of Aging
- Hidden Benefits Of Exercise That You May Not Know About
- How Does Smoking Lower Your Life Expectancy ?
- How To Live Longer And Healthier Life ?
- How To Live To 100 Years Old ?
- How To Prevent Development Of Cancer ?
- Important Health Discoveries Of The Year 2011
- Life Expectancy Of Vegetarians Vs Meat Eaters
- Sleep And Life Expectancy
Is Dementia Inevitable With Aging ?
As a person grows older, forgetfulness is common. This is something most elderly people and their family take in their stride without blinking an eyelid. However, what about dementia? The number of older adults suffering from dementia is astounding. Nearly 20 percent of seniors over the age of 85 suffer from dementia in the US and these seniors require specialized care. So does this means that dementia is inevitable with aging? More...
- How To Deal With Depression ?
- Is Salt Really Bad For You ?
- Snacking Can Help You Keep A Healthy Weight
- Ten Worst Food For Your Health
- The Future Of Human Life Expectancy
- The Future Of Longevity
- The Germy Truth About Kissing
- Top Ways To Live Longer With Heart Disease
- Understanding The Aging Process
- Ways To Decrease Your Risk For Early Death
- What Are Important Nutrients For A Healthy Heart ?
- What Is The Safest Painkiller ?
- When Should You Not Exercise ?
- Why Walking After Eating Is Good For You ?
Thanks to the fast paced modern lifestyle, most people do not have the time to life a healthier lifestyle. As a result, longevity is being compromised. However, there are many simple and easy ways to add years to your life without. Most of these methods are already well-known, but most people do not think about them. More...
- 5 Reasons Why People Do Not Loose Weight
- 8 Food That Stains Teeth
- Best Time To Sleep For Skin
- Can Sleep Help Anxiety ?
- Could Your Lipstick Give You Lead Poisoning ?
- Do Expiration Dates Matter ?
- How Many Meal Should You Eat A Day ?
- How Much Weight Should I Lose ?
- How To Deal With Chronic Illness ?