The symptoms and signs apparent in case of panic attack or disorder can be alleviated or temporarily managed to some extent by use of medications. However, the issue does not get resolved completely by the sole use of medicines. Therefore, any medication administered should be complemented with alternative treatments, like healthy changes in the lifestyle and natural therapies that can deal with the underlying reasons of a panic attack.
Following are some of the best medications prescribed in cases of panic attacks:
- Anti-anxiety drugs, such as Benzodiazepines, are thought to be the best medicine to cure a panic attack or panic disorder as they offer quick relief from symptoms, generally within half an hour. However, these drugs have a high tendency to cause addiction and may also lead to severe signs of withdrawal. Hence, extreme caution should be exercise when using them. Although these medicines are highly effective in short-term, they are not known to have any long-term effect on patients who had experienced a panic attack. Therefore, while they are the ideal medicines to be used for first-line cure of panic attacks, they are not recommended in the treatment of cases that are resistant.
- SSRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, and MAOIs, all included under the broader category of ‘antidepressants’, are also commonly used for treating panic attacks. Although it may take several days before they start to act, they are highly effective in cases of panic disorders as they function to reduce the symptoms by altering the configurations of the neurotransmitters. As these drugs tend to act very slowly, it is advisable to consume them continually. They are known as best medications for panic attacks as they have both sedative as well as anti-anxiety effects. Comorbid depression and severe symptoms of withdrawal that further aggravate the condition are common side-effects observed in some patients due to prolonged use of the drug.
More Articles :
- Best Medication For Panic Attacks
- Death From Panic Attacks
- How Long Do Panic Attacks Last ?
- List Of Medications For Panic Attacks
- Natural Alternative For Panic Attacks
- Signs And Symptoms Of Panic Attacks
- Tips For Panic Attacks
- What Does A Panic Attack Feel Like ?
- What To Do After A Panic Attack ?
- Why Do People Have Panic Attacks ?