There are several parenting styles that exist throughout the world and that are adopted by people and these variation exist due to the fact that there are several parents and each of them have their own parenting style. But the experts classify parenting styles into three broad categories which include permissive parenting, authoritarian parenting, and authoritative parenting.
Given below is a brief description of each of these parenting styles that are adapted by people as per their own lifestyle:
- Authoritative parenting is one that exercises control over the children without actually controlling them. Such a style set rules as well as guidelines that the parents expect from their child to be followed. But they in turn realize the fact that flexibility is also required for their children and they thus sometimes offer such things as well. Parents following such a pattern are observed expressing their affection without any fear that it might affect their discipline.
- Authoritarian parenting too involves control but it is quite different from the previous kind of parenting as it involves too much control over the children. Parents under such patterns set rules and guidelines but then do not offer any such flexibility as is offered otherwise.
- Permissive parenting is the final style that seems to be quite a better option as compared to the authoritarian parenting style. Under this style of parenting, the parents show lots of affection and love towards their children. They accept them in whichever conditions and demand a few things from them. This style has probability of spoiling a child as it involves either less or no control over these kids.
More Articles :
- Authoritative Style Of Parenting
- Benifits Of Parenting Classes In Highschool
- Definition Of Co Parenting
- Effects Of Bad Parenting On Children
- Example Of A Parenting Plan
- Marriage And Parenting Problems
- Parenting Plan For Fathers
- Parenting Plans For Divorce
- Parenting The Middle Child
- What Is Parenting Styles ?