Toddlers are extremely restless by nature. They are like free spirits that love to try every new thing they come across. Also, they like to cross all the limits imposed on them. This makes them misbehave at times and disciplining them becomes a daunting task for the parents.
In order to discipline a toddler, it is essential to first eliminate all its negative behaviors and then promote and encourage its positive behaviors. In fact, there are many ways in which a toddler can be disciplined. However, you need to discover ways that will best suit your child.
Following are a few tips and guidelines that you can follow to discipline a toddler:
- Never hit or yell at the little one in a hope to discipline it. Aggression can make your child more restless.
- Using positive reinforcement is a must. Any kind of attention is like a reward for the kid. So avoid it.
- Avoid giving privileges all the time. Also you can withhold some usual awards, like a trip or a toy, to make the toddler do the right thing.
- Rather than just telling, make sure you show them the possible consequence of their actions. Every reason you give must be logical.
- Ignoring a toddler that is misbehaving continuously can also be helpful at times.
- Also, try using time-outs. This will also help you in disciplining the little devil!
However, the right method depends largely on the nature of the toddler and it is you, who, as a parent, can take the best decision for your kid.
More Articles :