Chinese medicine deals with high blood pressure differently from conventional medicine. This branch of traditional medicine believes that when there is a imbalance in the flow of Qi, which is a vital form of energy, it results in elevated blood pressure. Also, Chinese medicine believes that elevated blood pressure can also result due to a bad diet and being overweight.
So, you must be wondering what are Chinese medicines for high blood pressure. This age-old system of healing uses several kinds of herbs to tackle elevated blood pressure. Some of the herbs used in Chinese medicine for high blood pressure include the following:
Chinese celery, also called Khan choy, is one of the main ingredients in Chinese medicine used to lower elevated blood pressure. This herb's color ranges from dark green to white and is usually consumed raw in salad. Chinese celery has been used for its medicinal properties since the Han Dynasty as it contains many vitamins, like A, B1, B2, C and D. It is also replete with iron and potassium. The juice of this herb is served warm to cure jaundice and low-grade fever. In addition, the herb is also used to treat many other ailments like dehydration.
Hawthorn is also used in traditional Chinese medicine to cure elevated blood pressure. Besides helping with high blood pressure, this herb is also used in the treatment of many heart ailments. The herb aids in strengthening the blood vessels and also getting rid of blood clots. By aiding in lowering elevated pressure as well as cholesterol, this herb prevent heart ailments.
Turnip too is used in traditional Chinese medicine to cure elevated pressure. In addition, it helps to fight conditions that result in elevated pressure, such as obesity. This root vegetable is replete with phosphor, magnesium, folic acid as well as calcium. It is known to improve overall health of a person.
Some of the other things used in Chinese medicine for high blood pressure include mung beans and honey. Through the use of Chinese medicine, practitioners aim to put the Qi back in balance and this aids in lowering the pressure. The reason that people are attracted to Chinese medicine is that besides aiding in lowering blood pressure, it also helps to improve overall health of the person concerned. Above all, most of the ingredients used in Chinese medicine to treat blood pressure and other ailments are natural and seldom have any associated side effects.
More Articles :
- A Guide To Lowering High Blood Pressure
- Best Way To Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Can Blood Pressure Medication Cause Cough ?
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Chinese Medicine For High Blood Pressure
- Dangers Of Alcohol And High Blood Pressure Medication
- Does Lower Blood Pressure Naturally Happen For Seniors ?
- Fast Ways To Lower Blood Pressure
- Fruits And Vegetables That Lower Blood Pressure
- How Much Green Tea Should You Drink To Lower Blood Pressure ?
- How Music Affects Blood Pressure ?
- Normal Blood Pressure While Sleeping
- Physical Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
- The Causes And Consequences Of High Blood Pressure
- What Are Nutritional Supplements Cause High Blood Pressure ?
- What Is Normal Blood Pressure Range ?
- When Is Blood Pressure Considered Too Low ?