The normal range for blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg. However, when the pressure rises beyond this range, it is termed as high blood pressure. Usually, people suffering from elevated blood pressure have a range of 140/90 mmHg or more. This elevated pressure is medically termed as hypertension.
When a person is diagnosed with elevated blood pressure, he or she is invariably put on medication. However, these medications have numerous undesirable side effects. Hence, people prefer to opt for natural ways to lower the blood pressure. Some of the fast ways to lower blood pressure naturally are described below.
The most common cause for elevated blood pressure is obesity. Hence, people who are obese should look for ways to reduce their weight. This can be done by eating healthily and following a regular exercise routine. Diet is an important aspect not just of losing excess weight, but also in bringing down the blood pressure. People who eat too much salt or consume food that is full of saturated fats and grease are not only obese but also have elevated blood pressure. Such people should be looking to eat healthily and consuming food that is heart healthy. Eating fresh vegetables and fruits, fish like salmon and tuna, nuts, seeds and whole grain. Fish like tuna and salmon contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are antioxidants and excellent for lowering blood pressure. Also, there are many herbs that help in lowering blood pressure. Consuming these herbs in daily diet will help to lower the pressure fast. Some of these herbs include garlic, cinnamon, onions and flaxseed. Also, green tea is considered to be an excellent remedy for elevated blood pressure. You should be looking to consume around 5 to 6 cups of green tea a day.
However, without reducing your stress levels, you will not be able to lower your blood pressure fast. In order to reduce stress, you should do some relaxation exercise. Alternatively, you can take up a hobby that you enjoy, such as gardening, bird watching, dancing or photography. This will help in combating stress and promoting lowering of elevated blood pressure.
In addition, ensure that you consume a lot of water right through the day. Drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water will help to flush out the toxins and salts from your body. Remember, beverages like coffee and sodas are no substitute for water. In fact, these beverages should be avoided as they tend to dilate the blood vessels and increase blood pressure.
More Articles :
- A Guide To Lowering High Blood Pressure
- Best Way To Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Can Blood Pressure Medication Cause Cough ?
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Chinese Medicine For High Blood Pressure
- Dangers Of Alcohol And High Blood Pressure Medication
- Does Lower Blood Pressure Naturally Happen For Seniors ?
- Fast Ways To Lower Blood Pressure
- Fruits And Vegetables That Lower Blood Pressure
- How Much Green Tea Should You Drink To Lower Blood Pressure ?
- How Music Affects Blood Pressure ?
- Normal Blood Pressure While Sleeping
- Physical Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
- The Causes And Consequences Of High Blood Pressure
- What Are Nutritional Supplements Cause High Blood Pressure ?
- What Is Normal Blood Pressure Range ?
- When Is Blood Pressure Considered Too Low ?