In people, who have high blood pressure as well as normal pressure, the level of the blood pressure tends to fall while they sleep. This effect of falling blood pressure while sleeping is referred to as dipping. According to health experts, this dipping could be connected to the quality of sleep that the person has as well as the function of the cardiovascular system. However, it is important to note that not all people will have dipping of blood pressure while sleeping.
So, what is the normal blood pressure while sleeping? In case the blood pressure falls, it is normal to see the pressure dip by as much as ten to twenty percent. For instance, if a person's blood pressure is 130/80 mmHg, while sleeping the blood pressure may be 104/64 mmHg.
It is important to note that if a person has high blood pressure and no other underlying health problems, then there will be a fall in the pressure when the person sleeps. In people with elevated blood pressure, the normal blood pressure is always more than 140/90 mmHg. So, if a person has blood pressure of 160/100 mmHg under normal circumstances which is actually high blood pressure, he or she will have a blood pressure of 120/80 mmHg while sleeping.
Basically, it has been seen that when blood pressure drops during sleep, it means that people have a more restful sleep and also the quality of the sleep is better. In fact, fall in the blood pressure and having a deep sleep is considered to be beneficial for a person. However, based on statistics, it has been found that around seventeen percent of people do not have any fall in their blood pressure. Also, people who have high blood pressure and have interrupted sleep during the night may also hardly have any fall in the pressure levels, or there may be not fall at all. This is definitely not good as no fall in the blood pressure levels while sleeping can increase the chances of sustaining organ damage due to constantly elevated blood pressure.
As blood pressure varies from person to person, it is very difficult to say what is the normal blood pressure while sleeping. However, researchers have concluded that normal blood pressure while sleeping sees a fall of ten to twenty percent of the resting blood pressure. So, based on this, you can calculate what you blood pressure level will be while sleeping.
More Articles :
- A Guide To Lowering High Blood Pressure
- Best Way To Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Can Blood Pressure Medication Cause Cough ?
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Chinese Medicine For High Blood Pressure
- Dangers Of Alcohol And High Blood Pressure Medication
- Does Lower Blood Pressure Naturally Happen For Seniors ?
- Fast Ways To Lower Blood Pressure
- Fruits And Vegetables That Lower Blood Pressure
- How Much Green Tea Should You Drink To Lower Blood Pressure ?
- How Music Affects Blood Pressure ?
- Normal Blood Pressure While Sleeping
- Physical Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
- The Causes And Consequences Of High Blood Pressure
- What Are Nutritional Supplements Cause High Blood Pressure ?
- What Is Normal Blood Pressure Range ?
- When Is Blood Pressure Considered Too Low ?