In order to get treated for elevated blood pressure, it is important for a person to know what the physical symptoms of high blood pressure are. Invariably, the physical symptoms vary from person to person and this can be quite confusing. Also, at times, people may not know that they are suffering from high blood pressure and this could seriously affect the body. Based on how serious the high blood pressure is, a person could end up with kidney problems, heart disease or liver problems. It could also result in a stroke and adversely affecting a person's vision.
A few of the physical symptoms of high blood pressure are tremors, feeling giddy, headaches, blurring of the vision, seizures and breathing difficulties while walking. However, these symptoms are also common to some other health conditions, like a diabetic patient suffering from hypoglycemia. Hence, it is imperative that a person immediately has a thorough checkup on experiencing any one of these physical symptoms.
It is important to note that elevated blood pressure can damage other organs of the body and one of the reasons that doctors fail to diagnose elevate pressure levels is that they are more busy treating a person for the organ damage. However, a responsible doctor will be able to figure out that a person is suffering from elevated blood pressure based on the physical symptoms and also the damage caused to the different organs.
In addition, if the elevated blood pressure has resulted in damage to the heart, there will be other physical symptoms that the person will experience. These physical symptoms include the following:
- Fatigue after doing something slightly strenuous
- Shortness of breath
- Kidney problems like increased frequency of urination or pain while urinating
- Dehydration of the skin because of electrolyte loss
- Lesions in the ocular region
- Impairment of vision due to problems with the retina or blood vessels supplying blood to the eye
- Possible clinical depression
Hence, if you are experiencing any of the aforementioned physical symptoms of high blood pressure, you should immediately visit your doctor and have a thorough checkup done. Elevated blood pressure can cause many health problems and before your condition goes from bad to worse, it is prudent to get the blood pressure treated. Just by adopting certain lifestyle changes and taking medication regularly, you can bring back the elevated blood pressure under control.
More Articles :
- A Guide To Lowering High Blood Pressure
- Best Way To Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Can Blood Pressure Medication Cause Cough ?
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Chinese Medicine For High Blood Pressure
- Dangers Of Alcohol And High Blood Pressure Medication
- Does Lower Blood Pressure Naturally Happen For Seniors ?
- Fast Ways To Lower Blood Pressure
- Fruits And Vegetables That Lower Blood Pressure
- How Much Green Tea Should You Drink To Lower Blood Pressure ?
- How Music Affects Blood Pressure ?
- Normal Blood Pressure While Sleeping
- Physical Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
- The Causes And Consequences Of High Blood Pressure
- What Are Nutritional Supplements Cause High Blood Pressure ?
- What Is Normal Blood Pressure Range ?
- When Is Blood Pressure Considered Too Low ?