There are many nutritional supplements available in the market today. Most of these supplements claim to be good for health and tout that they do not have any side effects. However, this is not true. Many of these supplements have not been tested to prove that they have no adverse effect on the health. Also, some of the supplements can cause more harm than good if you have some health problems, like elevated blood pressure.
In fact, there are some nutritional supplements that can cause high blood pressure in some people. Also, if these supplements are consumed by people who already have elevated blood pressure, it could be very dangerous for them. So, it is important to know what are the nutritional supplements that result in high blood pressure.
Some of the supplements that could cause a spike in your blood pressure are discussed below:
Bitter orange is a nutritional supplement to aid weight loss. However, if you already have elevated blood pressure, you should stay away from this supplement. It can result in strokes or heart attacks. It can even cause blood pressure levels to rise in an otherwise healthy individual and is considered to be dangerous by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
Echinacea is another nutritional supplement that people consume to boost their immunity levels to fight colds as well as the flu. It is available in the form of a tea or pill. However, a person should take care when using this supplement as it has the ability to react adversely with certain medications. Those on medication for blood pressure should be extremely careful as the efficacy of the medication will reduce.
Ephedra is also taken by people for losing excess weight. However, the US has banned this nutritional supplement as it is known to be unsafe. But people still purchase this supplement from various sources. Ephedra can cause elevated blood pressure in otherwise healthy individuals and can also result in heart attacks or strokes.
Ginseng is widely consumed all over the world in the form of tea. Many people believe that it helps to boost the immune system and also helps in making a person feel re-vitalized. But, this nutritional supplement can cause changes in the blood pressure by either lowering or raising it.
Many people take St John's wort to help fight mild cases of depression. However, this supplement is not advisable for people already suffering from elevated blood pressure as it cause the pressure to rise still further.
Finally, there is Yohimbine that several men use if they suffer from erectile dysfunction. It is also used by bodybuilders to help them lose weight. However, based on numerous studies, it has been found that Yohimbine causes the blood pressure to rise.
More Articles :
- A Guide To Lowering High Blood Pressure
- Best Way To Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Can Blood Pressure Medication Cause Cough ?
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Chinese Medicine For High Blood Pressure
- Dangers Of Alcohol And High Blood Pressure Medication
- Does Lower Blood Pressure Naturally Happen For Seniors ?
- Fast Ways To Lower Blood Pressure
- Fruits And Vegetables That Lower Blood Pressure
- How Much Green Tea Should You Drink To Lower Blood Pressure ?
- How Music Affects Blood Pressure ?
- Normal Blood Pressure While Sleeping
- Physical Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
- The Causes And Consequences Of High Blood Pressure
- What Are Nutritional Supplements Cause High Blood Pressure ?
- What Is Normal Blood Pressure Range ?
- When Is Blood Pressure Considered Too Low ?