When a woman gets pregnant, one of the ways to check for pregnancy is by doing a blood test. In this test, the amount of pregnancy hormone known as human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) present in the blood is measured. This hormone is produced by the placenta and can be detected in the blood as well as the urine ten days after the ovum is fertilized by the sperm.
There are primarily 2 kinds of blood tests done to confirm pregnancy, and they are quantitative blood test that determines the human chorionic gonadotropin levels, and the qualitative hCH test that just informs a woman whether she is pregnant or not.
Usually, it is possible to find out whether a woman is pregnant much earlier using a blood test than doing a test on a home pregnancy kit. The blood test can check for pregnancy as early as seven to twelve days from the time conception occurs and it can also help to measure the amount of hCG present in a woman's blood. Many doctors will recommend a blood test to confirm a pregnancy, as it will also allow them to check whether there are any problems in the pregnancy.
Now, coming to how accurate is blood test for pregnancy. Based on some certain researches, it has been established that blood test tends to more accurate compared to a home pregnancy test that makes use of urine. According to a research put forth at the Scientific Assembly of the American College of Emergency Physicians, nearly 6 percent of urine tests that claim a woman is not pregnant can actually be false negative results. Hence, it is safe to say that blood test for pregnancy is more accurate when compared to urine test.
More Articles :
- Blood Test Procedure For Diabetes Diagnosis
- Blood Test Results What They Mean
- Causes Of High Vitamin B12 In Blood Levels
- How Accurate Is Blood Test For Pregnancy ?
- How Long To Fast Before A Blood Test ?
- How To Read A Blood Test Report ?
- Is It Normal To Feel Pain In Arm Days After Blood Test ?
- The Characteristic Of Good Test Of Blood Sample
- What High Liver Enzyme In Blood Test May Indicate ?
- What Is High Neutrophils From Blood Test Result ?
- What To Do Before Blood Test ?
- Would Cancer Show Up In A Blood Test ?