Physical abuse leaves behind bruises and broken bones, while emotional abuse kills the self esteem of the victim. Physical abuse is a situation where the husband spanks the wife for little or no reason.
The domestic violence may reach such a height where the wife may be hospitalized to recover from her injuries.
Since domestic violence is very common these days, the hospitals also do not bother to find out the reason for the person’s injuries, even if they do, one lie is enough to answer their questions. In case of emotional abuse, the scenario may be different. In such a case, the husband may enjoy humiliating his partner through constant criticism and insults; he may go to the extent of depriving her of basic things like food and clothing and may stop any kind of contact with the outside world.
Physical and emotional abuse towards woman in a marriage is not something new. In spite of the treatment meted out to them, different women may have different reasons to stay in the marriage, some of them may love their husbands and some may not be financially independent and some may believe that their spouse will change over a period of time and things will be fine.
In either case, women can seek help and get themselves out of this situation. It is better such a spouse seek legal help along with counseling. While doing so one need not feel guilty because one is just doing a favor on one’s kids and self by removing such an abuser from one’s life.
More Articles :
- Emotional Abuse And Emotional Affairs
- Emotional Abuse Of Daughters By Their Dads
- Emotional And Mental Abuse In Women After Divorce
- Emotional And Physical Abuse Towards A Woman
- Emotional Verbal Abuse And How To Heal
- Examples Of Emotional Abuse Marriage
- How To Recognise Verbal Or Emotional Abuse ?
- Is Withholding Sex Emotional Abuse ?
- Proving Verbal And Emotional Abuse
- Recovering From Emotional And Verbal Abuse
- What Is Mental Or Emotional Abuse Of A Patient ?