It is not possible to completely avoid getting stretch marks in any gender at any age. But, a few tips of care and precautions can reduce the chances of getting stretch marks.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks:
- The very important factor to take care of, to prevent stretch marks is to keep up the health of the skin in good condition. Consume a range of food that will help you maintain your skin in good health. Food products that are rich in vitamins A, C, and D, proteins and zinc are the best advisable to eat to take care of your skin. You should also include a suitable exercising regimen along with your diet plan.
- Have a minimum of 8 oz cups of water every day. If you are into beverages containing caffeine, you need to increase the intake of water than the amount mentioned above. Water helps in keeping the whole body healthy and retains the elasticity of the skin to prevent the formation of stretch marks.
- Skin should be occasionally be massaged with oils or creams. It helps in the circulation of blood around the area and also helps in the stimulation of new growth cells. Thus, it can prevent stretch marks.
- Scratching should be avoided at places that are prone to stretch marks, which include the breasts, knee, buttocks, abdomen etc. Scratching can damage the skin, as it tends to pull and stretch the upper and the middle layers of the skin.
- Pregnant women need to take care of the fact they should not gain weight more than 25 to 35 pounds. They also need to make sure they do gain weight slowly as sometimes, rapid gain of weight in them increases the chances of getting stretch marks.
More Articles :