Before finding out how does cardiovascular disease happen, let us first understand what is cardiovascular disease. This disease includes heart disease, stroke and all other diseases related to the heart and the circulation system.
Therefore, even hardening of arteries will be labeled as cardiovascular disease. The most common cardiovascular disease is heart disease and stroke.
How does cardiovascular disease happen? Our body needs fresh and constant blood supply in order to work efficiently and properly. The blood is responsible for carrying oxygen and other nutrients to different tissues and organs. After delivering its load, the blood then takes away waste products that the tissues and organs do not need. When you lead an unhealthy lifestyle, or you have diabetes or someone in your family has cardiovascular disease, the chances of fatty material build in your arteries increase significantly. This sort of blockage of arteries is known as atherosclerosis. As the blockage increases in size, certain areas in your body do not get sufficient nutrients and oxygen, leading to what is generally called cardiovascular disease.
If the artery of the heart is blocked, then you can get a heart attack, which is medically known as myocardial infarction. In some people artery in the brain can get blocked and then can lead to a stroke. If the blockage occurs in the legs or arms, it is known as peripheral vascular disease. Peripheral vascular disease can lead to severe muscle pain and in extreme cases, the muscle can turn gangrenous leading to amputation of that particular limb.
Therefore, to avoid cardiovascular disease from happening, you have to lead a healthy lifestyle. This means eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, exercising regularly, not smoking and not drinking too much alcohol or caffeinated products.
More Articles :
- Benefits Of A Strong And Healthy Cardiovascular System
- Cardiovascular Disease In New Mom
- Cardiovascular Endurance Definition
- Effects Of Malnutrition On Cardiovascular System
- How Does Cardiovascular Disease Happen
- How Does The Cardiovascular System Work
- Study On Exercise And Cardiovascular Health
- What Are The Effects Of Cardiovascular Disease
- What Are The Parts Of The Cardiovascular System
- What Does Cardiovascular Fitness Mean
- Women And Cardiovascular Training