Ovarian cancer is a kind of reproductive cancer that is quite severe in terms of effects it brings about after certain time period. Though it can be treated in the initial stages if it is detected but the treatment measures opted afterwards are quite painful and may cause various side effects in terms of health.
The intensity and the kind of these side effects may vary as per the treatment option chosen as well as depending on the individuals. If someone goes for surgery to treat this disease then it may lead to pain for a shorter time period and may also result in tenderness at the area where the surgery has been done. Though the discomfort as well as pain resulted after surgery may be managed with the help of certain medicines but still for a few days, the patient might feel difficulty with their bowel movements.
Chemotherapy is another treatment option opted for getting rid of the ovarian cancer. This may result in nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, appetite loss, numbness, fatigue, loss of hair, darkened skin, and headaches. Certain specific drugs taken in overdose may lead to loss of hearing ability as well as kidney damage.
Radiotherapy is also a very important treatment option available these days. The side effects that are caused by this treatment measure usually depend on the dosage. The effects include fatigue, nausea, urinary discomfort, skin changes, diarrhea, etc. All these effects will not necessarily develop as they depend on dosage being taken and also on various other factors.
More Articles :
- Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
- Beginning Symptoms Of Ovarian Cancer
- Does Ovarian Cancer Cause Ovary Pain ?
- Homeopathic Remedies For Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer And Scar Tissue Pain
- Ovarian Cancer Test Prediction
- Survivor Stories Of Women With Ovarian Cancer
- What Does Ovarian Cancer Look Like On Ultrasound ?
- Acupuncture And Ovarian Cancer
- Death From Ovarian Cancer
- Growth Rate Of Ovarian Cancer
- How To Avoid Ovarian Cancer ?
- Ovarian Cancer And Effects
- Ovarian Cancer During Pregnancy