First Episode Symptoms of Genital HerpesMost people who are infected with genital herpes do not know that they are infected because they do not have any symptoms or they may not recognize the symptoms when an outbreak is about to happen.
If symptoms occur during the first episode of a genital herpes outbreak, they can be quite severe.
The first outbreak of genital herpes usually occurs two weeks after the person gets infected by the herpes virus and the herpes sores heal within 2 to 4 weeks. The first episode of genital herpes symptoms will usually last for 2 to 4 weeks.
Most people who have the first episode of genital herpes symptoms have four to five outbreaks within the first year. However, over a period of time, the recurrence of herpes outbreaks decreases in frequency.
First Episode Symptoms of Genital Herpes
Some of the most common symptoms of genital herpes for the first episode are as follows:
- Discharge of fluid from the vagina
- Pain in the genital and / or anal region
- Irritability or depression
- Tingling, itching or burning of the skin on the penis, scrotum, anus, vagina or labia
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Flu-like symptoms with headache, muscle ache and swollen lymph nodes near the groin
- Feeling of pressure in the abdomen
- Blisters with fluid which burst and scab over
However, many people infected with genital herpes may never end up having herpes sores or they end up having very mild symptoms which they do not even notice mistaking the mildness for another skin condition or insect bites.
If you have cold sores then beware, because you may have the herpes virus. Herpes Simplex Type 1 virus infects the facial area and sores that develop are commonly referred to as cold sores. The first sign of oral herpes outbreak is usually a tingling sensation in the area of the skin which then turns red.
Today, there are no medicines that can entirely get rid of Herpes virus from the body. However, there are availiable anitiviral medications to minimize the severity, frequency, and frequency of outbreaks. Antiviral medications are proven to stimulate the immune system and slow down the replication rate of the virus. More...
- First Episode Symptoms of Genital Herpes
- Female Symptoms Of Herpes
- Herpes And Dermal Fillers
- Herpes Percentage In General Population
- Herpes And Signs