First Aid For Wasp Sting

First Aid For Wasp Sting

Wasp stings are very painful and cause swelling and some wasp stings are also poisonous.  The most common types of wasps that are found in gardens and inside homes are not poisonous but if they sting it can cause a lot of pain.

If you live in the woods and remote areas, then several kinds of wasps and bees exist in the wilder zones.

When a wasp stings, you will notice immediate redness on the skin followed by skin irritation. It may start swelling and the site will be very itchy. In case the wasp was poisonous, then the person can develop hives, swelling of throat and mouth, wheezing, chest pain, anxiety and neck pain. The person should be rushed to the hospital immediately before the poison spreads further.

For a non poisonous wasp sting, observe the bitten area closely and see if any stingers are left inside the skin. You can take it out using a safety pin or a needle carefully. Then apply ice on the area so that it soothes the itchiness and decreases the welling. Usually the area where the wasp has bitten will be warm to feel. Keep the ice wrapped in a cloth for at least 20 minutes and if the itching continues, then take an antihistamine, which is available off the shelf. After that wash the sting and put some antibiotic cream on it. Also if the wasp was a poisonous one, then you need to restrict the poison from spreading immediately. You can tie the area with a cloth and if it is not possible, just rush to the emergency room.

More Articles :

First Aid For Wasp Sting