Chest pain is a cause of worry for everyone and children especially teens tend to panic more than adults. The reason is but the time they are in their teens they would have seen people from their own family go through heart attacks or other ailments which involve chest pain.
When they get affected by it they tend to think that they are also having a heart attack. Most of the chest pains in children are usually harmless and a sporadic incident.
A child who complains of it too often should be checked thoroughly and diagnosed for problems. In most teens, chest pain occurs to a condition called precordial catch syndrome which is more of a chest muscle wall pain. It is just like a muscle catch causing a shooting pain in the chest. It usually lasts a few seconds or minutes and during this period the child struggles for breath and take sin slow breaths. Also, they may look very pale because of the pain. Once they sit down and relax in a single position the catch tends to go away.
What causes the precordial syndrome is still to be found out and it could be due to the heightened level of activity. Sometimes when kids are running around or playing a game vigorously they can experience this condition. Asthma is also another disease which affects several American kids and it can cause chest pain when they are wheezing. This is more of a subdued and constant pain. Stress and obesity can cause heart attacks and chest pain in children.
More Articles :
- Cause Of Left Side Chest Pain
- Causes Of Chest Pain In A Woman
- Causes Of Chest Pain In Teens
- Causes Of Right Sided Chest Pain
- Causes Of Upper Chest Pain
- Chest Pain And Stress
- Chest Pain Be Caused By Gas
- Chest Pain Self Diagnosis
- Common Causes Of Chest Pain
- Heart Attack And Chest Pain Location
- Lungs Problems That Cause Chest Pain
- Muscle Pull And Chest Pains
- Sudden Sharp Stabbing Chest Pain
- Cause Of Sharp Chest Pain
- Natural Ways To Help Chest Pain