Food spoilage is caused by germs and bacteria that are invisible to the naked eyes and cause the food to decay. However, it is not necessary that everyone who east spoilt food will fall sick and most of the microorganisms that cause food decay may not be harmful for health.
However, there is a big difference between spoilt food and hazardous food. It completely depends on what kind of bacteria the food has. Pathogens are harmful bacteria and are capable of causing food poisoning in people. Pathogens also do not smell unlike spoilt food. So, people who actually eat rotten food with pathogens in them do not suspect of any bacterial infection. In such cases food poisoning occurs.
Food that has been left out of refrigeration for long time and uncovered can develop pathogens. Also, food which has been left to decay or sometimes undercooked food can also have pathogens. Typical places to find this kind of spoil food is in road side stalls and restaurants where the pathogens can find their way into food items. There are several types of bacteria in the air and everywhere around us. Only few of them are actually harmful and are also found in dirty places.
There is a lot of difference in food spoilage and food that is infected. Even milk is a carrier of several germs and unpasteurized milk can also carry harmful germs. Unpurified water is also not safe and can carry harmful bacteria that can cause infection in the digestive system.
More Articles :
- How Long Does It Take To Get Food Poisoning ?
- Charcoal And Food Poisoning
- Food Poisoning Vs Flu
- Natural Treatment For Food Poisoning
- Symptoms Of Food Poisoning
- Effect Of Campylobacter Food Poisoning In Children
- Food Spoilage And Poisoning
- How Does Food Poisoning Effect The Government ?
- How Long Until Food Poisoning Symptoms Start ?
- Salmonella Poisoning Symptoms
- Symtoms Of Food Poisoning From Peanut Butter
- What Can I Eat If I Had Food Poisoning ?
- What Food Is Causing Salmonella Poisoning Right Now ?
- What Is The Cure For Food Poisoning ?
- What Kind Of Disease Is Food Poisoning ?