Salmonella is a common kind of bacteria found in milk, eggs and water. The other sources of bacteria are fresh fruits and vegetables. The most common place these bacteria breed is in human feces and they can find their way into food items from here.
That is why children should be taught to wash their hands thoroughly after going to the bathroom.
The only way salmonella poisoning can occur is if the milk has not been processed properly or the water has not been purified completely. If there are any chances of drain water getting mixed with drinking water then this poisoning can happen to people. Typically the symptoms of this infection can start 12 to 72 hours after it gets into the blood stream.
The symptoms of salmonella poisoning are very similar to food poisoning and the most common ones are vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, dehydration, fever and chills. In some people fever may develop even 2 days after the infection has started. Diarrhea may be the first symptom to show up and later fever may occur. When people start having diarrhea, they should immediately see the doctor to avoid dehydration and fever. Also, the infection can typically start with a headache sometimes. Head ache is a typical symptom of dehydration.
Salmonella poisoning is treated through antibiotics course given for 2 to 3 days. During these periods the person cannot have milk and other poultry products. They should stick to well cooked food and porridge. For high fever and chills a person may also be prescribed ibuprofen along with other medications.
More Articles :
- How Long Does It Take To Get Food Poisoning ?
- Charcoal And Food Poisoning
- Food Poisoning Vs Flu
- Natural Treatment For Food Poisoning
- Symptoms Of Food Poisoning
- Effect Of Campylobacter Food Poisoning In Children
- Food Spoilage And Poisoning
- How Does Food Poisoning Effect The Government ?
- How Long Until Food Poisoning Symptoms Start ?
- Salmonella Poisoning Symptoms
- Symtoms Of Food Poisoning From Peanut Butter
- What Can I Eat If I Had Food Poisoning ?
- What Food Is Causing Salmonella Poisoning Right Now ?
- What Is The Cure For Food Poisoning ?
- What Kind Of Disease Is Food Poisoning ?