Enlarged prostate is known as benign prostatic hypertrophy and it occurs in most men gradually as they age. It is believed to be a natural process and around 10 million men in America have enlarged prostate; half of them are over 50 years of age but most men are over 70 years.
Why enlarged prostate occurs is still a mystery but there are many theories. However, there are some men who want to know can too much aerobic exercise cause an enlarged prostate?
The answer to the question -- can too much aerobic exercise cause an enlarged prostate? -- can be given in a yes or no. After the age of 50, the levels of testosterone and free testosterone decrease while the levels of other hormones increase. This causes an increase in dihydrotestosterone level, an extremely potent form of testosterone and this leads to over production of prostate cells resulting in enlarged prostate. Doctors recommend that men do around 45 minutes of workout each day to help with enlarged prostate as it tends to increase the levels of testosterone. However, when a man does too much aerobic exercise, it can have a negative effect on the hormone levels. Too much aerobic exercise results in testosterone levels being depressed and this could, in turn, lead to enlarged prostate through the process explained above.
As with everything else, too much aerobic exercise is harmful for the body and does not give any added or extra benefits. Instead it has a negative impact on the body and a man can get enlarged prostate due to too much aerobic exercise. Therefore, you need to stick to the correct exercise regimen so that you can reap maximum benefits.
More Articles :
- Aerobic Exercise After Surgery
- Aerobic Exercise And Acne
- Aerobic Exercise And The Brain
- Can Too Much Aerobic Exercise Cause An Enlarged Prostate
- Disadvantage Of Aerobic Exercise
- Does Too Much Aerobic Exercise Lower Testosterone
- Effects Of Aerobic Exercise On Working Muscles
- High Heart Rate And Pulse Aerobic Exercise
- Should You Do Aerobic Exercise If Suffering From A Cold
- Walking Vs. Jogging For Aerobic Exercise
- What Are The 4 Most Important Aerobic Exercises