While we know that aerobic exercise is beneficial for the heart and lungs, most people want to know whether they should choose walking or jogging. Comparing walking vs. jogging for aerobic exercise all depends on what goal or aim you have in mind.
Here are some pros and cons of walking vs. jogging for aerobic exercise which were actually concluded based on studies conducted by the University of Melbourne.
While both jogging and walking are good for the body, the question is which one is better.
- When it comes to weight loss, it goes without saying that jogging is better than walking because you burn more calories per minute when you job. In order to get the benefit of a half-hour jog, you would have to walk for an hour.
- The intensity of jogging makes it better than walking but you can walk uphill to derive the same sort of benefit.
- Walking is a low impact exercise and you will not get any injury from it compared to jogging. Walking is the only option for people who are overweight or have a cardiovascular problem.
- Jogging has an impact on your joints and you have to train your body to get used to the grating and jarring that happens each time you go out jogging.
More Articles :
- Aerobic Exercise After Surgery
- Aerobic Exercise And Acne
- Aerobic Exercise And The Brain
- Can Too Much Aerobic Exercise Cause An Enlarged Prostate
- Disadvantage Of Aerobic Exercise
- Does Too Much Aerobic Exercise Lower Testosterone
- Effects Of Aerobic Exercise On Working Muscles
- High Heart Rate And Pulse Aerobic Exercise
- Should You Do Aerobic Exercise If Suffering From A Cold
- Walking Vs. Jogging For Aerobic Exercise
- What Are The 4 Most Important Aerobic Exercises