There are many myths about weight training but it has been seen that most myths have originated because people do not want to workout hard enough. However, most of these myths have been exposed but still people continue to hold on to them.
Exposing myths about weight training is just trying to open up people to reality. Here are some myths and a rationale explanation debunking these myths.
Exposing Myths About Weight Training:
- You can get big muscles like a professional bodybuilder without taking steroids -- No matter what you read, you cannot get that type of muscle without taking steroids or combining steroids with growth enhancing drugs. Supplement distributors would like you to believe this myth because it is a sale gimmick for them.
- If you eat low fat diet, you will not gain any fat immaterial of how many calories your food has -- This myth is a lie because your body will take as much energy as it needs and the balance will get deposited as fat and you will put on weight. Even if you have a low calorie and low fat diet, but you eat a lot, the calories will get deposited as carbohydrate and this will make you fat.
- The more you work out, the more your muscles will grow -- This myth of weight training is quite popular because this is what people would like to believe. In fact, by overtraining, you are doing your body no good. You will not have any muscle growth and will be constantly fatigued and exhausted. In addition, you risk getting injuries. You should learn that resting between workouts is an important part of weight training. This gives your body time to rest and recover and it is during this phase that your muscles grow.
- You do not have to be strong to be big -- This myth does not stand a chance because if you want to grow big muscle wise, you will have to lift heavier weights. The only way you can lift heavier weights is by being strong. Therefore, if you want more muscles, you will have to build up your strength so that you can graduate to lifting heavier weights.
More Articles :
- Can Strength Training In Women Improve Sports Performance
- Exposing Myths About Weight Training
- High Intensity Interval Training And Weight Loss
- How To Lose Weight While Weight Training
- Studies On The Effect Of Weight Training Women
- Weight Training That Sprinters Use
- Would Strength Training Reduce Breast Size