Sprinters basically use weight training to build up their strength and speed. That would explain why many sprinters have a muscular physique as this allows them to dig into their muscles to produce more power and speed when they need it.
So, what are the different types of weight training that sprinters use to achieve greater speed and power? Some of weight trainings that sprinters use are listed below:
- Sprinters use plyometric exercises to improve their strength. Basically this involves the contraction of the muscles first as they lengthen and then contraction as they shorten. This encourages the fast twitch muscle fibers to become better and thus, providing printers with more speed.
- In order to have more leg, back, buttock and abdominal strength, many sprinters resort to doing squats and dead lifts.
- You will also find sprinters doing push presses and hang cleans to get high intensity strength that they can tap on when they are in a competition.
- No doubt a sprinter's assets are his legs and they need to have power and strength to help him complete and win the race. The best weight lifting exercise to develop the leg muscles are weighted lunges. This helps to grow the leg muscles which are extremely important for running faster.
- Upper body exercise is as important as lower body exercise. A sprinter has to have a strong upper body so that he can use his arms to get more power while he his sprinting. While some sprinters neglect this aspect, there are others who do weight training to develop the upper as well as lower body. They use weight training exercises which are specially made for upper body to enhance strength.
More Articles :
- Can Strength Training In Women Improve Sports Performance
- Exposing Myths About Weight Training
- High Intensity Interval Training And Weight Loss
- How To Lose Weight While Weight Training
- Studies On The Effect Of Weight Training Women
- Weight Training That Sprinters Use
- Would Strength Training Reduce Breast Size