There nothing like having a meatloaf on Sunday when the entire family is together. However, if you are on a low carb diet, you may shy away from eating a meatloaf. So, here is a low carb turkey meatloaf recipe to help you out.
Low Carb Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
2 lbs. ground turkey meat -- 85 to 90 percent lean
1 cup Filler
¼ cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp dry mustard powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried sage
½ tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt
¼ cup water or milk
Usually meatloaf is mixed with some kind of starch such as bread or oatmeal to absorb the juices and make it less dense. In low carb diets, starchy fillers are not be used. One can take choice from the following alternatives.
Low carb bread crumbs, oatmeal, dried vegetables such as onion tomato and mushroom, crushed pork rinds.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. This has to be baked in a loaf pan. One can make a single loaf or several small ones. Bake at 350F for about 1 hour for a large loaf.
The seasonings can vary depending on the personal taste. It can be flavored with anything from wine to hot sauce or curry powder. Garlic and Worcestershire sauce are popular.
Egg is used as a binder
More Articles :
- Carbohydrates Contained In Wine
- Fat And Carbohydrate And Protein Guidelines
- How Many Carbs Are In Vodka
- How Many Grams Of Carbohydrate In A Serving Of French Fries
- List Of Complex Carbohydrates
- List Of Low Carbohydrate Foods
- Low Carb Stew Recipes
- Low Carb Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- What Foods Are Bad Carbohydrates
- What Foods Have Zero Carbohydrates
- What Is Carbohydrates Benedict Test