High cholesterol levels can be found through blood test. The blood sample is taken after a fasting period of about 9 to 12 hours. However, special symptoms of high cholesterol are quite rare. It generally ends up as a serious health issue like stroke, coronary disease, myocardial infarction, commonly known as heart attack, and peripheral vascular disease.More...
- Foods That Caused High Cholesterol
- Does Instant Oatmeal Help Lower Cholesterol ?
- Eating Sugar Cholesterol Levels
- Is High Cholesterol A Symptom Of Something Else ?
- List Of Foods That Help To Lower Cholesterol
The desirable level of total blood cholesterol level is less than 200 mg/dL. This includes HDL, LDL and triglyceride content together. 200 to 239 mg/dL is a warning or red alert signal where you need to keep your cholesterol level under check. Any reading above 240 mg/dL is a high risk factor of contracting heart diseases.More...
- Does Caffeine Affect Cholesterol Levels ?
- Does Lysine Raise Cholesterol Levels ?
- Eating Sugar And Cholesterol Levels
- Effects Of Fats On Cholesterol Levels
- Factors Affecting Cholesterol Levels In Mice
- Recommended Cholesterol Levels For 60 Year Old Woman
Cholesterol levels can be checked only by drawing blood sample from the person. However, there are fasting and non-fasting tests and even on-the-spot finger stick tests for checking cholesterol.More...
- Accuracy Of Finger Stick Cholesterol Test
- Fasting And Non Fasting for Cholesterol Tests
- How Long To Fast Before A Cholesterol Test ?
- Why Should You Not Take Alcohol Before A Cholesterol Test ?
- Worst Foods To Eat Before A Cholesterol Test
Cholesterol can be classified into two types, namely LDL cholesterol and HDL cholesterol where LDL is considered to bad cholesterol and HDL the good cholesterol. Maintaining a good LDL to HDL ratio is a good way of reducing the risks of heart disease.More...
- Cholesterol Reading For Hdl And Ldl
- Cranberry And Hdl
- Foods That Balance Hdl And Ldl Cholesterol
- How Can I Raise Hdl Cholesterol ?
- Low Hdl Cholesterol And Breast Feeding
- New Medication For Lowering Triglycerides And Hdl
LDL cholesterol is one of the main risk factors behind coronary heart diseases and it is commonly referred to as bad cholesterol. But this LDL level can be lowered and kept under control. For a normal person, LDL cholesterol level should be around 160mg/dl.More...
- Chinese Herbs For Ldl Cholestrol
- Foods To Lower Ldl Cholestralol
- Influences On Ldl Levels In The Body
- List Food That Raise Ldl
- What Controls Ldl Levels ?
Triglycerides are fat circulating in your bloodstream. This fat is transported to different tissues of the body where they are stored to meet the energy demands of the body. Any type of food you eat, protein, carbohydrates or fats, get converted to triglycerides. Therefore, it is normal to have triglycerides in your blood.More...
- A Good Diet To Lower Triglycerides
- Brands Of Foods To Lower Triglycerides
- Dietary Guidelines For High Triglycerides
- Foods To Avoid For High Triglycerides
- French Medication For Triglycerides
- Gilberts Syndrome And High Triglycerides
- High Triglycerides Cause High Esr Values
- Liver Diseases And High Triglycerides
- Natural Treatment For High Triglycerides
- Pancreatic Failure And High Triglycerides
- Triglycerides And Diet Soda
- What Fruits Can I Eat On A Triglyceride Reducing Diet ?