Child molestation exists in all grades in the society and to a large extent. There is very less awareness among children and the daily dangers that they deal with. Most kids are actually molested at a young age when they do not understand what is going on with them.
Also, the long term effects of child molestation are understood only several years later.
Typically, when a small child is molested, he or she barely realizes what is being done to him or her at that age. There have been instances of boys and girls being molested at a small age like 2 to 5 years old. These kids do not react to the situation at tat time because they do not understand. However, when these kids grow up to young adults they get traumatized at that age due to the harsh memories. The molestation would have left a deep impact on their psychology which tends to react at a much later stage in life.
Kids who have been through repeated abuse also tend to become withdrawn and also lose their trust in the society. Every individual case of molestation is different and it has several levels of impact on the person who has endured it. Kids who have been through molestation suffer from mental agony, anger, depression, antisocial behavior and also sometimes become drug addicts. They also find it difficult to trust their life partners and can develop vehemence for a physical relationship. This happens more so with the female children. Though the immediate effects of child molestation are unknown, the long term effects are definitely devastating.
More Articles :
- Brain Development And Child Molest
- Chart Of Typical Child Development
- Checklist Of Early Child Development
- Child Development Ages 0 - 4
- Child Development Training For Pregnant Teens
- Early Child Language Skills Development Evaluations
- Effect Of Child Development In Low Income
- Gender Roles In Child Development
- History About Child Development
- Impact Of The Internet On Child Development
- The Holistic Development Of A 9yr Old Child