Teen pregnancy has been a much worrisome topic for several parents and finding out that you have a pregnant teenager at home can be heart breaking. Several teenagers who get pregnant do not know the magnitude of responsibilities they would be dealing with shortly and most of them are not prepared to handle it.
However, the news of pregnancy is as shocking to the teenager as it is to their parents. However, this is the time the parents need to take a more calm and sensible step because they know what is involved in the pregnancy. There will be several emotions controlling the situation and it is going to take time and you and your teenage child have to go through all the notions. Nonetheless, knowing that your teenage daughter is pregnant calls for immediate action and you have to act on it while dealing with the problem itself.
After the pregnancy tests are revealed you are presented with two options and they are to continue with it or go for an abortion. In either case the person who needs more support is your teenage daughter and you should be able to stand by her. Also, the other choice is adoption. Abortion is again a very highly debated topic and though there is freedom for women in the United States to make a choice in their pregnancy it is not received very well in many places. However, you as a parent should counsel your daughter about all the side effects of abortion, Adoption and also keeping the baby. A parent should also have the baby’s best interest in mind and the first preference should be given to the mother’s well being.
More Articles :
- Brain Development And Child Molest
- Chart Of Typical Child Development
- Checklist Of Early Child Development
- Child Development Ages 0 - 4
- Child Development Training For Pregnant Teens
- Early Child Language Skills Development Evaluations
- Effect Of Child Development In Low Income
- Gender Roles In Child Development
- History About Child Development
- Impact Of The Internet On Child Development
- The Holistic Development Of A 9yr Old Child