In a normal nine year old child is common to notice some behavioral changes like increasing interest in friends and drifting away form family. Nine years old show more independence and also seem to be under the larger influence of friends.
Parents instead of controlling should understand that for the healthy and the holistic development of your child the children should develop healthy friendships.
There is a lot of peer pressure on children at this age. However, a child, who has a lot of emotional support at home and through parents, will automatically be able to resist the negative peer pressure and will be able to make better choices for themselves.
In order to make a responsible child out of your nine year old, it is very important to nurture the independence positively in the children. Changes physically and approaching to puberty take place at this age and any negative effects of puberty should be dealt with carefully. Some of the key behavior patterns that you may notice in your nine year old are keen interest in friends and the need to have friends in the same sex. They tend to listen to their friends more and have an immense need to do what their friends do. They do not like to go out with their parents or take part in family occasions. They are keener about their physical appearance and may become over confident or inferior.
For holistic development of a child at this stage parents should be sensitive to their needs and also address issues with more maturity.
More Articles :
- Brain Development And Child Molest
- Chart Of Typical Child Development
- Checklist Of Early Child Development
- Child Development Ages 0 - 4
- Child Development Training For Pregnant Teens
- Early Child Language Skills Development Evaluations
- Effect Of Child Development In Low Income
- Gender Roles In Child Development
- History About Child Development
- Impact Of The Internet On Child Development
- The Holistic Development Of A 9yr Old Child