By the time a child is in the 5th grade, he or she is at least 11 years old. Most children at this age can speak one or more than one language comfortably and their speech is clear and can also talk very sensibly.
They are as good as adults at this age and are actually learning advanced skills of speech like communication abilities.
Children at this age if they have a problem, it could be with stammering or slow speech but other than that most children at this age can say and understand several complicated words and use them also. At this age children are found to be making additional effort to be understood and also understand others. They are capable of communicating themselves in a way so that they can make the other person understand.
They also give importance to certain key factors of communication like emotional understanding and empathized speech. This kind of behavior however is seen more in girls more than boys. A 11 year old can clearly understand what is to be said when they are feeling sorry and how to be polite and they also know the various kinds of communication and the role it plays. Children become very assertive by this age and they clearly express it through their speech. That is why the language development in an eleven year old child is considered to be much advanced. Problems like stammering or suppressed speech can occur in some children however they can be rectified if they are taken to a speech therapist. Stammering, if left to develop, can become a serious problem emotionally later.
More Articles :
- Asthma And Language Development
- Games That Aid In Language Development
- Language And Cognitive Development Of 3 To 5 Year Olds
- Language Development 5th Grade
- Language Development And Muscular Dystrophy
- Language Development Of Exceptional Children
- Language Development Of Four Year Old Children
- Music Impact On Language Development
- Outdoor Play And Language Development Skills
- Studies Of Language Development In 2 To 5 Year Olds