The language development in children by the time they are four years old is amazing. By the time a child is four they start speaking in full sentences and even the grammatical mistakes are very few. Also, children at this age are very much capable of holding conversations for long time.
Kids begin to talk about things that they are excited about like school picnic or an outing that they enjoyed. They easily make sentences with three or four words in it. Kids also learn to emote and can speak out their feelings more clearly. Psychologists believe that by the age of four an average four year old child will have a vocabulary of 1,800 words. Without learning the grammatical reference they can use plurals and past tense words in the correct way. However, their understanding skills are much more advanced than their speaking skills. They can understand complicated sentences and long ones without much difficulty. They can easily recognize the subject of the sentence and relate to the conversation.
Children at four years of age, however, take long pauses to finish a sentence at the same time. This is because they are trying to talk correctly. Experts also believe that this could be the best age to introduce a new language to them and it can be a local language like Spanish or even a new international language like French. Children can easily pick it up and the important thing is to converse in the new language on a daily basis. Language experts agree that if you speak to the children in a new language they learn it faster.
More Articles :
- Asthma And Language Development
- Games That Aid In Language Development
- Language And Cognitive Development Of 3 To 5 Year Olds
- Language Development 5th Grade
- Language Development And Muscular Dystrophy
- Language Development Of Exceptional Children
- Language Development Of Four Year Old Children
- Music Impact On Language Development
- Outdoor Play And Language Development Skills
- Studies Of Language Development In 2 To 5 Year Olds