There are several outdoor games that can be played along with children and help them in their development cycle. Language development in children starts at an early age where children start learning by trying to imitate the sounds of the words.
Even a child as young as 18 months old can start recognizing words and can also begin to imitate them.
Educating children in an outdoor environment can be beneficial for the child and it also increases their grasping power. For example, when you go to a park with your child, you can play name the object game where you can start naming things around you like slides, dogs, pets, trees and flowers. Even though kids may not immediately learn what you are trying to teach them, they do use their cognitive skills to remember the names of the objects and the next time they may even try to identify it.
Any activity that you do like watering your garden or lawn mowing you can include your young child and try to educate them using that activity. Grocery shopping can also be fun with children if you involve them. There are several vegetables and kitchen items you can start naming and also ask your child to identify it by letting them hold it. Also, by involving children in outdoor activities they develop much better motor skills and also become more athletic.
There are several other outdoor games that can be played with children like water games, treasure hunt where you can hide simple things and ask them to find it. Not only they are fun but also a developmental game because they constantly learn something while playing.
More Articles :
- Asthma And Language Development
- Games That Aid In Language Development
- Language And Cognitive Development Of 3 To 5 Year Olds
- Language Development 5th Grade
- Language Development And Muscular Dystrophy
- Language Development Of Exceptional Children
- Language Development Of Four Year Old Children
- Music Impact On Language Development
- Outdoor Play And Language Development Skills
- Studies Of Language Development In 2 To 5 Year Olds