It is not uncommon that some pre school kids use bad language and the reason for this may be anything and it is not always bad upbringing. The reasons why a child uses bad language may also be different. Some of the most common reasons why even children from very stable households use bad language are as follows:
- Seeking attention
- They are exposed to adult rated movies or programs on television
- Someone at home uses too much bad language
- Someone at school is using bad language
Children often imitate the adults at home and they also grasp things quickly. If they hear a bad word once, it is enough for them to remember it and learn it. Some children pursue using the bad language because the adults might react strongly or get very upset. If the child likes to get attention, then he or she might repeatedly do it. Children at this age do not really care if they are getting negative attention or positive attention. Children also have the intelligence at this age that they can use the bad language when something is not right. They may not understand the exact meanings of the word however they understand the context of reference very well.
In order to correct this behavior in children, the adult has to be very patient and put up with their language the first time they hear it. They should talk to their preschool child politely and say that it is wrong to say such words and mommy and daddy never say it. If the child repeats it, show a little annoyance and say that they are not happy with them. As a punishment try controlling their play time and let them know they are being punished. The best way to actually make them stop using is it is to ignore and not acknowledge at all the first few times they say it.
More Articles :
- Activities For Stranger Safety For Preschoolers
- How To Handle Difficult Preschoolers ?
- Ideas For Sunday School Teachers Of Preschoolers
- Importance Of Morning Routine For Preschoolers
- Inappropriate Language In Preschoolers
- Teaching Preschoolers About Obeying Authority
- Teaching Preschoolers About Serving Others
- Weekly Plan Menu For Preschooler
- Where Can I Find Thanksgiving Activities For Preschoolers ?