Should your children be taught manners from an early age? The answer is yes and they learn it better when they enjoy doing it and it is not forced upon them. For example, if you start teaching your child about serving and taking care of guest when they are nine years old, it would be a big mistake.
Because children at this age become very shy and also like to mind their own business. At this time you cannot expect them to do new things for you.
However, the right time would be when the child is around five or six years old. During this age children are eager to meet people and also show off. Asking their help to serve on the dinner table or guests at home is never a bad idea.
Children also learn a great deal from these small activities. They see that people around them need to be cared for and by taking care of others they are making others happy and are also happy for themselves. Children also learn to respect others and learn how to be social. This is very important for growing up children and they have to believe in people to a certain extent. Trust is something children learn through these small activities and from their parents. It is also a good idea for parents to take their children’s help while packing Christmas gifts or birthday gifts for someone else because they will learn to give and share eventually. Sharing and caring are important virtues that every child needs to have.
More Articles :
- Activities For Stranger Safety For Preschoolers
- How To Handle Difficult Preschoolers ?
- Ideas For Sunday School Teachers Of Preschoolers
- Importance Of Morning Routine For Preschoolers
- Inappropriate Language In Preschoolers
- Teaching Preschoolers About Obeying Authority
- Teaching Preschoolers About Serving Others
- Weekly Plan Menu For Preschooler
- Where Can I Find Thanksgiving Activities For Preschoolers ?