Adjustment disorder is an emotional or behavioral reaction to a stressful event in a person's life.
A person can also have adjustment disorder when there is a change in his or her life and the person cannot adjust to the change. Usually adjustment disorder sets in within 3 months of the event or the change occurring in the person's life.
A person can suffer from adjustment disorder due to hearing loss. Usually this occurs because it interferes in the person's social and occupational life. If children suffer from hearing loss, they too can have adjustment disorder because they will be worried about what their friends say and as a result it will adversely affect their performance at school.
A person suffering adjustment disorder due to hearing loss will be depressed, tearful and feel the situation is hopeless. Coming to terms with hearing loss is the only way to deal with this disorder. It is natural for a person to feel depressed and inadequate when he or she suddenly loses hearing. And the person has to go through a grieving process for the loss. It is only after this will the person be able to accept it emotionally. However, it is not easy and adjustment disorder due to hearing loss is the consequence.If you lose your hearing, you obviously need support to come to terms with it. This means getting support from your family, friends and peers. Going for cognitive behavioral therapy and counseling will also help you a great deal to adjust to the loss of hearing.
More Articles :
- Adjustment Disorder Due To Hearing Loss
- Can Conductive Hearing Loss Be Cured
- Conductive Hearing Loss And Treatments
- Home Test For Hearing Loss
- Hormonal Hearing Loss
- How Long Does Temporary Hearing Loss Last
- Is Conductive Hearing Loss A Disability
- New Treatments For Sudden Hearing Loss
- Physical Effects Of Hearing Loss
- Sudden Hearing Loss Causes And Symptoms Treatment
- Sudden Hearing Loss Causes
- Temporary Hearing Loss Causes
- Treatment For High Frequency Hearing Loss
- What Causes Conductive Hearing Loss
- What Is The Definition Of Hearing Loss