Children, who have learning disabilities, can actually do much better in school and at home using assistive devices. There is a whole range of assistive devices that help in several areas of learning for the children. A child, who is going to school, would need help in many areas of activities like recreation, home work, class work, arts and crafts and several more.
Assistive devices are used so that a child can forget about his or her disability and still do the job. Children with learning disabilities face several problems in a day to day life other than just reading and writing. They do not understand many things and also sometimes what their own parents speak. However, when most of the tasks are done with the help of assistive devices for such children, their dependency on their parents or caregivers reduces to a great extent.
The child can be initially taught or trained how to use the assistive device. Later on when the child starts using the device and after a certain period of time the same device also becomes a remedial tool for them. For example, a child with learning disability may not understand the prose from an English text book very well but if the same thing is taped and presented to them they will have a better understanding of it because they have more senses working to understand the same activity. They are hearing, reading and also understanding at the same time.
These days several teachers are being trained to use the assistive devices so that the children with learning disabilities can benefit from them.
More Articles :
- Assistive Technology And Learning Disabilties
- Assistive Technology As Daily Living Aids
- Assistive Technology For Deaf People
- Assistive Technology For Nonverbal Autistic Students
- Case Studies On Students Who Use Assistive Technology
- High School Students Who Use Assistive Technology
- Money And Assistive Technology
- The Best Empowerment Available Through Assistive Technology
- What Is Assistive Technology For Students ?