Deaf people often have a problem with talking along with hearing. Some people who are born deaf cannot talk and therefore, they are both deaf and dumb. Some people have partial hearing loss while others lose it completely. However, today luckily there are several assistive devices available for deaf people that make it easy for them to live their daily life.
Some of them are alarm clocks and one may wonder what a deaf person would do with an alarm clock. But that is such a wrong approach in life because even they are people with daily needs and they also need to be awake to carry on with their life or forever whatever reason it might be. The alarm clock for the deaf people is devised with a vibrator and a flashing light. The light is so bright that it can wake up a sleeping person and even the person can feel the vibrations from the clock.
Hearing is one of the senses like tasting, feeling or seeing and the only way to communicate with people who have lost one sense is to use the other senses. A door knock light is a simple device that works instead of the calling bell. Since the person cannot hear, a light flash is used in their bedroom or living room to alert them of a visitor outdoors. Signal lights are also available for telephones and smoke alarms.
There are several systems available that are based on visual technology and people who cannot hear can still use their eyes and body to figure out many things and run their everyday lives.
More Articles :
- Assistive Technology And Learning Disabilties
- Assistive Technology As Daily Living Aids
- Assistive Technology For Deaf People
- Assistive Technology For Nonverbal Autistic Students
- Case Studies On Students Who Use Assistive Technology
- High School Students Who Use Assistive Technology
- Money And Assistive Technology
- The Best Empowerment Available Through Assistive Technology
- What Is Assistive Technology For Students ?