Several students across the United States actually use assistive devices. Some use them because they have some kind of disability and others use them due to temporary disability or for the need of additional help. Assistive devices themselves come in many forms, like audio and video devices, computer programs and so on.
Some high school students use the assistive devices to make a difference in others lives. Mostly these students are involved in the design concepts and help the children or people whom they are helping out to learn using the assistive devices as a part of their summer project. Also, the school education system conducts fairs for students to help them understand and get involved in making and understanding the assistive devices technology and why they are being made.
The reason for involving students in such a complex system is to prepare them for the future expectations by introducing the concept early. By now everyone knows that in a few decades there will be more seniors than the younger population and their needs will be higher than anyone else’s. Also, most of the professions will involve in catering to the needs of this segment of people. If students learn the engineering and design aspects of the devices at an early age, they will learn how to develop more advanced things later in their life.
The world as of today does not have so many disabled people but a few years down the line there will be a lot of seniors and a severe dearth of manpower.
More Articles :
- Assistive Technology And Learning Disabilties
- Assistive Technology As Daily Living Aids
- Assistive Technology For Deaf People
- Assistive Technology For Nonverbal Autistic Students
- Case Studies On Students Who Use Assistive Technology
- High School Students Who Use Assistive Technology
- Money And Assistive Technology
- The Best Empowerment Available Through Assistive Technology
- What Is Assistive Technology For Students ?