Today, assistive technology may be a small industry that has just about begun to gain recognition and people are learning to identify with it. Even insurance companies have identified several gadgets in the assistive devices category for various kinds of disorders.
Just like we have a whole range of products in automobiles, electronics, tools and mechanisms that help us run our daily lives; similarly the assistive device technology is creating a parallel line of devices and mechanisms that help people with special needs. In the future, when there are more seniors and the elderly who have to depend on the assistive devices, the demand and the production in this industry is likely to increase tremendously. Also, there are expected to be many changes and advancements in the already advanced technology that will put forth the needs of the disabled and people with special needs.
Because it is a futuristic industry and is likely to expand in the near future, many people are betting their cards on this technology. At some point of time in the future everyone in the hospital industry and even home user based industry are going to be depending on these assistive devices. Every one household in the United States out of three households is likely to depend on assistive devices. It is not because the number of disabled people is going to increase but it is because the number of elderly and seniors are going to increase.
There is a lot of money to be made in this industry alone as experts believe it. However, today most of them are non profitable organizations.
More Articles :
- Assistive Technology And Learning Disabilties
- Assistive Technology As Daily Living Aids
- Assistive Technology For Deaf People
- Assistive Technology For Nonverbal Autistic Students
- Case Studies On Students Who Use Assistive Technology
- High School Students Who Use Assistive Technology
- Money And Assistive Technology
- The Best Empowerment Available Through Assistive Technology
- What Is Assistive Technology For Students ?