For a person who has a fractured hip, mobility is not an option whether he or she is young or old. Hip fractures take a long time to heal and the older you are, the worse it is. A fractured hip can be anything from a small crack due to a simple fall or a terrible break in the bone.
However, a person who just had a hip fracture can expect to stay on the bed without moving a muscle for at least 6 months. Nonetheless, after two or three weeks of the fracture, the person can start doing simple things like sitting up right without putting pressure on the lower part of the body. Since the person is able to sit, the biggest break he or she can take is being mobile. Mobility devices like the mobile chair are a great boon for such people.
People who suffer form hip fractures can move from one place to another using the chair. They can even look forward to working using the same chair because mobility is not an issue by having the device. This will also give them an opportunity to be independent and run their own errands.
Also, old people who have had a hip fracture can actually claim a mobility chair through their insurance and they should actually check with the insurance company. Because all aged people have the choice of mobility chair if they are able to prove that they are physically weak. However younger people may have to buy the chair.
More Articles :
- Adaptive Baby Equipment For Paralyzed Mom
- Adaptive Equipment For Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Adaptive Equipment For Workplace
- Adaptive Equipment For Writing
- Adaptive Equipment Inspection
- Adaptive Physical Education Equipment And Downs Syndrome
- Assistive Devices And Older People
- Assistive Devices For Fractured Hip
- Assistive Devices To Make Life Simpler
- Dogs And Assistive Walking Devices
- Elderly Adaptive And Hand Held Equipment
- Maintenance Guidelines For Adaptive Equipment
- Types Of Assistive Devices Used In Recreational Therapy
- When Do Occupational Therapist Use Adaptive Equipment ?
- Where To Find Adaptive Equipment Wholesale ?