Assistive devices are known by several names like independent living aids, and assistive technology. They are called with such names because they truly do what they are meant for. A person who is physically challenged can actually start living independently with the help of assistive devices.
Also, when such people have assistive devices and even if they are partially independent using them, the caregiver is not that stressed out and has more time to rest.
There are several kinds of assistive technologies available today. For example, a person who has a cognitive problem can actually use the assistive device to dress, groom, bathe, eat and use the toilet. The entire day to day activity can be taken care of using the assistive devices. A person who has dementia always has the danger of falling and ending up with a hip fracture or worse. However, by using assistive devoices their safety can be taken care of and also they can be managed better.
Assistive devices do make life simpler for people with different disabilities. An assistive device can be anything from a simple hearing aid to sophisticated computer that is activated through voice. The technology varies from one end to the other in assistive devices. The lower end, which are more commonly used, are slip proof canes, hearing aids, mobility chairs, magnifiers, reading aids and writing aids. The more complicated ones are voice activating devices like computers, sensor equipment and many more. One should choose the assistive device based on the condition the person who needs is going through. Different people have different needs and they should be identified.
More Articles :
- Adaptive Baby Equipment For Paralyzed Mom
- Adaptive Equipment For Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Adaptive Equipment For Workplace
- Adaptive Equipment For Writing
- Adaptive Equipment Inspection
- Adaptive Physical Education Equipment And Downs Syndrome
- Assistive Devices And Older People
- Assistive Devices For Fractured Hip
- Assistive Devices To Make Life Simpler
- Dogs And Assistive Walking Devices
- Elderly Adaptive And Hand Held Equipment
- Maintenance Guidelines For Adaptive Equipment
- Types Of Assistive Devices Used In Recreational Therapy
- When Do Occupational Therapist Use Adaptive Equipment ?
- Where To Find Adaptive Equipment Wholesale ?