Dog is a man’s best friend and people have heard this repeatedly several thousand times. Today, animals like dogs are also being used as assistive caregivers as well as companions. Several dogs are trained to take care of people and look out for them.
Today, the medical and health industry is working out different ways in which the older generation can be taken care of keeping in mind the aging population. Most of the old people or people who are getting old actually live alone all by themselves or with a spouse. Kids mostly move away due to their job or education and such people are being encouraged to choose a dog as a caregiver in their days of disability.
Most people expect to live long enough and somewhere down the road in their life they are most likely to encounter disability and several other limitations that old age brings. They may become dependent and start using assistive devices like a stick or just a mobility chair. However, sometimes dogs who are the best companions can actually cause a fall to the owner who is already using a walking aid. To avoid your pet coming in your way of safety unknowingly, there are dog deterrent walking sticks available. It is based on a technology that prevents you from falling even when a dog or a small child trips you over. It also is ultrasonic that has a warning system and as the dog is approaching too close it will warn the dog by making a strange ultrasonic sound. The sound will also warn you to keep on guard.
More Articles :
- Adaptive Baby Equipment For Paralyzed Mom
- Adaptive Equipment For Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Adaptive Equipment For Workplace
- Adaptive Equipment For Writing
- Adaptive Equipment Inspection
- Adaptive Physical Education Equipment And Downs Syndrome
- Assistive Devices And Older People
- Assistive Devices For Fractured Hip
- Assistive Devices To Make Life Simpler
- Dogs And Assistive Walking Devices
- Elderly Adaptive And Hand Held Equipment
- Maintenance Guidelines For Adaptive Equipment
- Types Of Assistive Devices Used In Recreational Therapy
- When Do Occupational Therapist Use Adaptive Equipment ?
- Where To Find Adaptive Equipment Wholesale ?