Occupational therapists are professionals that follow a particular line of therapy and these people include physiotherapists, psychotherapists and similar professionals. They specialize in a single area of health problem and that would be their main occupation.
Occupational therapists, depending on the line of health industry, are involved in use assistive devices to cure people. For example, physiotherapists are known to widely use the assistive devices for people who have met with severe accidents or who have had paralysis and heart attacks. The automated wheel chair is already widely used by several hospitals and also some of the equipment that are used as rehabilitation devices are common.
There are several cognitive assistive devices that help in treating patients with cognitive delays including reading, writing and speaking. The assistive devices are used by all age groups of people starting from babies to seniors. Middle aged people mostly use out of a unfortunate incident like an accident which forces them on to the wheel chair or makes them bed ridden. Sometimes, cognitive assistive equipment is used for babies with learning disabilities and also children who have the same problem. A Parapodium, for example, is a walking and standing frame and is mostly used for patients with severe conditions like spina bifida.
There are several more assistive devices used by occupational therapists like ramps, hand aids that help people with no mobility in hands to hold things for self maintenance, standing frames, walking aids, and also devices for speech. A varied set of devices are available and some are even multifunctional.
More Articles :
- Adaptive Baby Equipment For Paralyzed Mom
- Adaptive Equipment For Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Adaptive Equipment For Workplace
- Adaptive Equipment For Writing
- Adaptive Equipment Inspection
- Adaptive Physical Education Equipment And Downs Syndrome
- Assistive Devices And Older People
- Assistive Devices For Fractured Hip
- Assistive Devices To Make Life Simpler
- Dogs And Assistive Walking Devices
- Elderly Adaptive And Hand Held Equipment
- Maintenance Guidelines For Adaptive Equipment
- Types Of Assistive Devices Used In Recreational Therapy
- When Do Occupational Therapist Use Adaptive Equipment ?
- Where To Find Adaptive Equipment Wholesale ?