Thyroid is the largest endocrine gland in the body. It is located is in the throat region. Its function is to make, store and release the thyroid hormones. These hormones influence all the organs within the body. They have a bearing on heart rate, cholesterol level, energy level, muscle strength etc.
If the gland produces more hormones than required by the body, this condition is known hyperthyroidism. When it is underperforming, it is known as hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is the most common thyroid disorder. A common symptom of hypothyroidism is lack of energy and tiredness, fatigue. Generally people associate these symptoms with lifestyle pressures without realizing that this could be due to a medical problem. If timely treatment is not given, this can lead to long term complications.
The factors that increase the risk level of hypothyroid are the following:
- Women above 40
- Women within 6 months of delivery
- People with high cholesterol
- People with depression
- People who have undergone x- ray therapy of the head or neck for cancers
- People who take lithium or amiodarone
Silicone implant is a procedure used for breast enhancement. Risks associated with silicone transplant include the following.
- This may come in the way of breast cancer detection. The implant may hide suspicious tumors during mammography. Special imaging techniques may be required.
- Some implant patients may experience loss of sensation in the nipple and the breast area. This can be temporary. But it can be permanent also.
- There is a possibility of breast implant material leaking and latching on to breast tissue.
- Implants can break or rupture.
More Articles :
- Breast Cancer With Silicone Implants
- Can Saline Implants Cause Hair Loss
- How Do You Know If Saline Implants Are Leaking
- How To Get The Best Results From Breast Reduction Surgery
- Silicone Breast Implants Trials
- Thyroid Problem From Silicone Implants
- Weight Differance Between Silicon And Saline Breast Implants