Usually when you talk about hair loss, you will always associate it with men. However, women too experience hair loss and for them it can be quite a traumatic experience. It has been seen that low testosterone in women and hair loss are connected. If women know why they have low testosterone, they can take remedial measures and help to prevent loss of hair.
In women, hair loss occurs mainly because of hormonal imbalance. The hormones that are associated with loss of hair are progesterone, hormones secreted by the adrenal glands and thyroid gland, and testosterone. In women, testosterone is produced by the adrenal glands and the ovaries. It is used to make estrogen.
Low testosterone levels can occur due to poor eating habits, stress, high estrogen levels, not ovulating or taking certain drugs that have an effect on the levels of testosterone. In case the hair loss is caused because of low levels of testosterone, the woman will have hair loss similar to that of a man. In order words, the woman will have male pattern baldness wherein she will have hair loss at the temples, forehead, crown of the head and along the hairline.
If you are suffering from hair loss due to low testosterone levels, then the doctor will get a blood test done to check the level of this hormone. Once the report comes in, based on the levels, a treatment protocol will be decided. The balance of the testosterone will be brought back to normal by putting the woman on oral medication and topical creams. The levels of testosterone will be monitored carefully as high levels could also cause hair loss.
More Articles :
- Can Progesterone Reverse Hair Loss ?
- Causes Of Hormonal Hair Loss In Women
- Does Weight Loss Cause Hair Loss ?
- Female Hair Loss Product Reviews
- Hair Loss And Rogaine Treatments
- Hair Loss And Thyroid Treatment
- Hair Loss In Old Women
- Hair Loss Male Multivitamins
- Is Hair Loss Sign Of Pregnancy ?
- Low Testosterone In Women And Hair Loss
- Man Estrogen And Hair Loss
- Natural Solution For Hair Loss In Women
- Price For Thinning Hair Product Treatment
- Products For Hair Loss Due To Chemicals