Estrogen is an important female hormone as it helps the woman to develop female sexual characteristics. However, this hormone is also responsible for emotional and physical well being. Although estrogen is a female hormone, even men produce this hormone in their bodies, albeit in a considerably lower level. Men and women require this hormone for proper development of their reproductive organs as well as for other organs to function properly.
Estrogen is responsible for burning fats in the body, for maintaining the blood vessels in the skin, for increasing the formation of bones, for regulating the levels of fluid in the body, for proper functioning of the lungs and many more functions. It is also used to treat certain problems related to the prostate gland in men.
As strange as it may sound, testosterone in men is converted to estrogen and this helps to develop the masculine characteristics. When men have low levels of estrogen, it can cause a whole lot of problems, including hair loss. In fact, it has been seen that low estrogen can result in obsessive compulsive disorder in men.
When men have low estrogen levels in their bodies, they begin to lose hair from the crown and this results in bald patches. When estrogen levels are normal, it helps to decrease the hair growing on the body and increase the hair growing on the head. However, when estrogen levels decrease, it increases the amount of hair growing on the body and reduces the amount of hair growing on the head.
More Articles :
- Can Progesterone Reverse Hair Loss ?
- Causes Of Hormonal Hair Loss In Women
- Does Weight Loss Cause Hair Loss ?
- Female Hair Loss Product Reviews
- Hair Loss And Rogaine Treatments
- Hair Loss And Thyroid Treatment
- Hair Loss In Old Women
- Hair Loss Male Multivitamins
- Is Hair Loss Sign Of Pregnancy ?
- Low Testosterone In Women And Hair Loss
- Man Estrogen And Hair Loss
- Natural Solution For Hair Loss In Women
- Price For Thinning Hair Product Treatment
- Products For Hair Loss Due To Chemicals